When you are deciding on which letting agent to use, it is important that you pick someone who will be helpful, accessible and look after your interests. So here are the main reasons why our tenants love us here at Fife Letting Service
- We have offices in 3 central locations – Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath and Dunfermline – so we are on hand to help when you need us
- We are a member of the Scottish Association Of Landlords and Council of Letting Agents – this means we work to a strict code of practice to ensure we maintain the highest service standards possible
- We use are fully registered in the Letting Agents Register of Scotland – our number is LARN1807005 and it means you can trust us.
- We are happy to work outwith office hours – we try to accommodate everyone`s needs by offering out of office appointments, whether it be for a viewing, signing paperwork or an inspection.
- There are absolutely No Admin Fees charged to you – there are no compulsory admin fee`s or hidden charges throughout the duration of your tenancy
- We always ensure quick attendance to property issues/repairs – we will contact your Landlord the same day you report any urgent property maintenance issues
How to Assess Your Letting Agents
Does Your Agent?
- Have offices in prominent locations?
- Work outwith normal office hours?
- Deal with all aspects of your property management in house?
- Have any upfront agency/letting costs?
- Carry out regular property inspections? If so, how regularly are they carried out and will you receive a written inspection report?
- Have restrictions on who they let to? For example, will they deal with Housing Benefit applicants?
- Have an out of hours contact for emergencies?
- Carry out/request references from each applicant and guarantor? If so, what references?
- Consult you before going ahead with any repairs?
- Have professionally qualified inventory clerks? Ask for evidence of qualifications.
- Have contractors with preferential rates?
- Have regular offers for new and existing Landlords?
Check that your Agent is:-
- Registered with a deposit scheme. If so, will they lodge your deposit and deal with any disputes on your behalf once the tenant has vacated?
- A member of any professional organisation or regulatory bodies within the letting industry.
- Approved by Landlord Accreditation Scotland.